I have to say, this specific combination of oils is what totally convinced me that Essential Oils are the real deal! When I first learned about Young Living at an Essential Oils 101 class, I learned many uses for the oils that come in the Premium Starter Kit, but this combination was most interesting to me- Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint. The magical combination of these three, applied to your sinus areas on your face, as well as the back of your neck help with healthy sinus and nasal passage function during those trying times of year.
Here is a little more about each oil and what they can do:
- Lemon includes naturally occuring constituent limonene (look up limonene in a Google search and read about how amazing it is for our bodies!). Lemon contains D-limonene, an antioxidant that has been linked to healthy immune system function.
- Lavender is the “Swiss Army Knife” of Essential Oils and has at least 1000 uses! Adding it to lemon and peppermint just makes it all the better. Fun fact: Lavender can make a refreshing nasal irrigation rinse!
- Peppermint supports focus and healthy cognitive function, supports the body’s ability to regulate it’s natural immune response, and supports the body’s respiratory system.
After I tried it for myself, I was amazed at how fast the oils work, as well as how long the effects of the oils last! Prior to using oils, I was stuck using traditional treatments to combat my sinus irritations every single day, and not just during the bad times of the year. After finding this oil blend, I have found success using safe, natural, plant-based oils that give me the relief I needed, AND I felt alert and ready for the day- I haven’t looked back since!
Before I had an empty bottle to combine these oils in, I just applied one drop of each to the areas needed, but I love having them already mixed together and easy to throw in my bag when leaving the house for on-the-go relief! When the plants outside are blooming, grab your handy dandy Roll-On Sinus Buster and keep on living!
DIY Roll-On Sinus Buster!
You will need:
- One empty Young Living Essential Oil bottle (Lemon, Lavender or Peppermint) or a frosted glass rollerball container with a stainless steel rollerball- (find on Amazon.com or Abundanthealth4u.com)
- Young Living Aromaglide Roller fitment (You got one in your Premium Starter Kit!)- do not need if using a rollerball container
- 20 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil
- 20 drops Young Living Lavender Essential Oil
- 20 drops Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil
- Young Living V-6 Vegetable Oil Complex (or your favorite carrier oil, like grapeseed or almond oil)
If you are going to use one of your empty Essential Oil bottles, it needs to be one that originally contained one of the ingredients in this recipe. When the oil will no longer come out of the bottle, there is still a tiny bit left, and that tiny bit will mix in to the other oils you put in the bottle. First, remove the drop-reducer top from the bottle. The easiest way to do this is by unscrewing the lid, and then putting it back on the bottle, but barely screwing it on. Then hold the lid, tilting it to the side to pop off that drop-reducer top. You can also pry it off with your fingernails, but I found the other way easier! Make sure to also remove the white ring around the top of your bottle if you are using a 5ml bottle.
Now you just add the oil! I don’t know if it matters which order you put the oils into the bottle like it does when you apply them directly to your skin, but I add them in the order of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint. After all your Essential Oils are in the bottle, add your carrier oil. Personally, I like to use Young Living’s V-6 Vegetable Oil because I feel like it absorbs into the skin very quickly and leaves no greasy residue, key when you are applying to your face! 🙂 I just added a little bit to my bottle, probably about 4-6 drops. Feel free to add more to your liking, especially if you have sensitive skin. The carrier oil will protect your skin without diluting the effectiveness of the Essential Oils!
Last but not least, apply your rollerball top. There is a great video you can watch here on how to do this if you are using the Aromaglide fitment that came in the Premium Starter Kit. Roll the bottle between your palms to mix everything together. Now you can apply to those areas that need help- either as a preventative or when you are really feeling it! Re-apply whenever needed.
Oh, one more note- I removed the original label from my bottle and just used my Dymo Letra Tag label maker to print a new label for my bottle so I would know what is in there!
Don’t have any Young Living Lemon, Lavender, or Peppermint oil? Click here to find out how to get some!
What combination do you use to help with sinus support?